Monday, December 8, 2008

Lost and Found

Blake has been very grumpy the last few weeks. I compare him to a menopausal woman (no offense to actual menopausal women). He is moody and emotional. I never know how he will respond to anything. He is sleeping terribly. Not sure about hot flashes, but I wouldn't be surprised. The last week has been almost unbearable. Can I get an AMEN from anyone that has seen him lately. This is the look I have grown accustomed to-

Then last night, after dinner, we had a breakthrough. Blake was jumping up and down and laughing. This is what we saw -

Blanket has been missing for almost a week. If you haven't been formally introduced to Blanket, see here. I had the substitute blankets and thought Blake was fine. He never actually said anything about missing Blanket, but obviously it was very upsetting. I think he was in mourning over his good buddy.

Blake hasn't let go of Blanket since he found him (Eli actually found him under the couch). He ate ice cream with him, brushed his teeth with him and switched him between hands to put on jammies. He woke up crying last night, because he couldn't feel Blanket by him.



I almost have my happy little boy back. He still has something hormonal going on - or something 2 1/2 year old going on, whatever. But he is soooo much happier. So am I.

Blanket, I love you. We all missed you. I will never mock or disapprove again. You make my little boy happy. Please don't go away for this long again. I don't think I can take it.

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Oh how funny!

Bon said...

Thank goodness for securities. I lost Savanah's blanket when she was three and she went through not only and emotional roller coaster, she literally got physically sick! It was sad!!!

Keep a hold of that!!:)

My Big Boy

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Little Monkey

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

My Sweet Baby

Lilypie

Who's Looking