Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Watch out preschool . . . here comes Blake

Blakey started preschool last week. I am fairly certain that I am going to be debating and negotiating every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from now until May. He loves school, but does not love getting dressed for school. I had to approve all school clothes with him before I bought them. He has a handful of shirts in his closet that still have tags on them from last year. He refuses to wear them. Ever. He is four years-old. I also learned this week that he does not like pants. They are too LONG. He only wants shorts. He always knows what he wants. Secretly I love this about him. Ben and I joke that Blakey will never be a follower. He won't be pressured by his peers. He will make his own decisions and everyone else's for them.

I really miss my little B-boy when he is at school. Griff and I wander the aisles of Target and Smith's Marketplace aimlessly waiting for the big boys to come home. And when they do get home, I love listening to them talk about their day with each other. "Hey Blake, how was school today?" "Good. What did you do in your class, Eli?" If I didn't send them to school then I would miss out on their joyous after-school reunion every day.

these two have become best buds the last few weeks.




Griffin thinks Blakey is the best. He copies everything his big brother does.



with his teacher Mrs. Hansen.


1 comments:

Amy J said...

That picture of Blakey and Griffin (where griffin is doing the monkey arms) is HILLLAIREEEEUS.
Blakey is getting old. Eli is getting old. The end

My Big Boy

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Little Monkey

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

My Sweet Baby

Lilypie

Who's Looking