Thursday, April 9, 2009

Toilets eat underwear


For the last few weeks I have noticed a certain three-year old's supply of underwear has been dwindling. I know I have done laundry and he should have a vast supply of tighty whities. It has been a mystery in our house.

Today the secret was uncovered, the puzzle was solved. Eli informed me that Blake had flushed a towel down the toilet. I was quite confused until I noticed a wash cloth missing. My brain dusted itself off and began putting pieces together. . . if a small towel is flushable, then why not small undergarments? So I asked the child in question if he had indeed flushed some underoos down the camode. His reply was a confident "yes".

Ah-ha! I discovered the answer to the age old question - Toilets DO eat underwear. I was so proud of myself that I failed to reprimand the boy. Oh well.

I have no idea how many pairs have actually been sent to the sewer system, but I am sure it is many. Once Blake discovers an experiment works - he sticks with it.

I apologize to all the environmentalists out there. I am pretty sure that Thomas the Train underwear are not biodegradable.

5 comments:

christine said...

Hilarious! I love how kids are fascinated by the simplest things. It always makes me wish I had the excitement of a little child. Then the mundane tasks we do each day would be an adventure!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I am laughing so hard. The funny things kids think to do. I must say, that you have one major tiolet!! My son flushes to much toilet paper down, and ours gets clogged. Where do I find the wonder toilet/disposal?

Amy said...

That is pretty funny. I am impressed that he has flushed so much with no incident. That is a good toilet you've got there! Happy Easter!

Danielle Christiansen said...

WOW! you must have quite the toilet! Mine would be plugged and not working with stuff like that going down.
If it makes you feel better. my sisters boy use to flush toys, and flooded her entire apartment. Guess I will have to watch my little guy like a hawk.

{jane} said...

omgosh, that is classic!

:) miss you guys.

My Big Boy

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Little Monkey

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

My Sweet Baby

Lilypie

Who's Looking