Monday, June 16, 2008

Dads Rule!!

I have a great dad! I have learned many valuable lessons from him. A few are:
1 - how to dribble and shoot a basketball
2 - to give generously (to anyone)
3 - to work hard
4 - to play hard
5 - to love my family
6 - that babies are the best things in the world (he is just a big teddy bear)

Thanks for everything, Dad - I love you!

I also have an awesome father-in-law who loves and respects his wife immensely. He never loses his temper (or bites his tongue). He taught his sons to respect their mother, wives and all people. And he raised five really great kids - one of whom I am especially grateful for!!


I seriously have the best, cutest grandpa ever! He has always been a huge part of my life and I love him very much. I don't know if he ever missed one of my games or anything else of importance. Thanks for always being there, Grandpa!!


I am so grateful for the amazing dad that my boys have! Ben helps me so much and is a great example of faith, diligence, service and humility. He teaches our boys by his actions and loves spending time with them. When they hear daddy's car pull up it's bye-bye mom and hello favorite dad! He always has time to play, read or watch a movie with them. We are the most important thing to Ben and he makes sure that we know it. In his mind I still look like I did when I was 20 (which makes me feel so good!) and he always makes sure I know how much he loves me. He is the only person that I tell everything to and he is fabulous at keeping secrets (sometimes too good). He is a wonderful dad, son, friend, brother, and husband.
We love you so much!!

5 comments:

Amelia said...

Are you sure Blake is adopted- he looks a lot like your cute white haired grandpa. Dad's are the best!

Michelle said...

Thank you Brit! I am inferring the "one of whom I am especially grateful for!!" is me? Wow, Brit...I love you too! =)
Really, I do.

{jane} said...

Very cute post...Benny-boo-boo-boo is an incredible guy.

Happy Father's Day!

Sara said...

So cute! What a blessing to have such wonderful Fathers for your boys to look up to! :)

Sheila said...

Brittney,
I love how you have used this Blog to honor those you love. Your boys are son cute and I think your Grandpa is the best too!

My Big Boy

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Little Monkey

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

My Sweet Baby

Lilypie

Who's Looking