Friday, August 15, 2008

APPROVED!!


I just got off the phone with our caseworker and we are officially approved for adoption! That means that we are in the books and available for birth parents to look at. I want to celebrate. I want to scream. I want to hold a baby. It's so exciting to know that we have done our part and now it is time to wait. Eli and Blake both came to us so fast - which would be great again. But we are in this for the long haul. We could be waiting for quite a while and we will deal with it. I know it is time for another baby - I can feel it.

I will be praying for all the sweet birth mothers that are struggling to find the right answer for their babies. I hope they can find peace with the decisions they are making. I hope they know how much they are loved. I hope they understand what a blessing they are to people like us. I hope they know how important they are in God's plan and that He loves them.

14 comments:

jaanderson family said...

I am so happy for your family. I not only got chills reading your post, but I will admit that I teared up. You and Ben are amazing parents and we are praying for you guys that it happens sooner than later!

Lucrecia said...

Wow! You are the answer to every young girl who's looking for the right family to place her baby with. I wish you the very best! Much love!

Lucy Wall said...

Congrats...I am so happy for you guys...I am crying and dave is laughing at me, but, you guys are amazing!!!

Terri said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is sooo awesome. I love your beautiful post, you can feel the love for your baby you will receive. I cant wait for you.

christine said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you guys. Hopefully your baby is ready to come sooner than later. Don't you love the feeling of knowing it's time to add to your family. It fills everyone with so much love (now if I could just talk Jim into it. Ha, Ha!). Keep me posted-I'm so proud of you and love ya to pieces.

Holly said...

Hopefully you will keep with the trend and not have to wait too long! I think it's so neat that "You know" it's time! :) Pretty cool. It's always nice to be done with all that paperwork too!!

Carrie Peterson said...

You are an amazing woman! The love, sincerity and excitement you have for these children and this process radiates through your posts. Any young woman searching for a mom for their child will feel of your spirit and love that already exsit for their child, now it's just a matter of which child belongs to you and Ben. The Lord does have his hand in this process. Whoever is blessed to enter your home is there because of a wise Father in Heaven and it is meant to be. If it doesn't happen within the next 3 months, I'll bring my baby down for you to hold to satisfy your craving until your special spirit comes to you. I'm so happy for you guys:)!!!

Amelia said...

I love this for totally selfish reasons- but I am so excited!

andrea said...

i love to read your posts. you make me cry. you write from your heart. i know there is a baby waiting to come to your home. that little spirit is just as excited to come to you as you are waiting for them. who wouldnt be excited to come to your family with you and ben as parents.

The Fox Den said...

WAHOO! Excited for you all!

Danielle Christiansen said...

that is wonderful! Congrats!!!!

SueAnn said...

Yippee! That is so exciting!

Anonymous said...

OK...
fingers crossed
breath held
prayers sent to heaven
all for you!

{jane} said...

exciting & congratulations!

My Big Boy

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Little Monkey

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

My Sweet Baby

Lilypie

Who's Looking