Monday, April 28, 2008

Whoops!

Friday we ran a bunch of errands and were gone for most of the day. Blake didn't get a nap so he was getting really sleepy. When we came home I unloaded the car and started putting everything away. After a while I realized how quiet my house was, so I went looking and this is what I found:

He is laying on a pile of laundry waiting to be put in the washer. My first thought was "how cute - he is so tired". Second thought - I'll put this cute picture on my blog.

My first thought should have been something is wrong this is NOT Blake. Blake does NOT stop moving or going or doing - ever. But I was too wrapped up in the quiet house and the cute little mass huddled on my floor, to think logically. 15 minutes later he got up walked over to the carpet and threw-up all over. He ended up with a fever and didn't move for the next three hours. Whoever invented Children's Motrin - I praise you! He is still feeling yucky and isn't quite himself.

Moral of this story: if it doesn't walk like a Blake or talk like a Blake, than it is NOT a typical Blake!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet little photo. Sorry about your carpet. Hope he is feeling better.

SueAnn said...

Poor little guy! I can't think of too many worse things that sick kids, I hope he gets better soon!

Ras Family said...

Sorry he is not feeling well it never fun to have sick little ones!

Amy said...

No fun being sick especially when the weather is finally nice. Hope he gets well soon.

Amelia said...

What is wrong with him...he is such a wus. I am sure he gets sick over 2 ear infections- what a baby!

RichieRich said...

What a turd...but a cute one at that. Sis, I better be on that list of people you love by tomorrow.

Hailey said...

um... he may be the cutest thing i have ever seen!! i just want to eat his face off (in a non-creepy way)

The Fox Den said...

He is to cute and just when you were thinking you were being given a miraculous break :) Got to love highly active boys!

Kelsie said...

Britney--this is Kelsie, from your old teaching days! I looked at Andrea Owens' blog and saw your name there ... so fun to see your little family. I can't believe how grown up your boys are--the time goes by so fast! We have twin girls (of course--because half the people at our school had twins!) who are 18 months. They are so fun and definitely keep me busy. Our blog is sillylittlewhitegirls.blogspot.com

Sara said...

OH! Sad! You are right...sometimes I get so caught up in enjoying the momentary peace that I don't notice WHY things are so quiet!

Hope he gets feeling better soon!

Amberlee said...

Sick kids are definitely not fun! Our oldest Tegen was also throwing up over the weekend- luckily I wasn't home and Ed had to do most of the cleaning. Lol!

Bon said...

SO cut Brit! I hate sick kids. It is so sad. But the cuddling for me lasts longer when they are sick so if anything positive comes it is that!!

{jane} said...

cute picture but I hope Blake is feeling MUCH better! I haven't checked in for a while, and I love your new blog look, great color!

We missed you at soccer, the next game is Tuesday the 6th, at 9:55pm. We need you!!! Also, $35.00 this season. :)

Shaun & April said...

Hey Britney, Got it working... If not go to www.kennankyson.blogspot.com. Had fun tonight. See you soon

Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet photo, but not so fun that he wasn't feeling well. Poor thing! I hate sick kids and definitely thanks to whoever made children's Tylenol and Motrin. That sure comes in handy when they aren't feeling so sweet.

Lindsey from The R House said...

long live chilren's tylenol! a r house fave.

My Big Boy

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

My Little Monkey

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

My Sweet Baby

Lilypie

Who's Looking