"Adoption - Bound by love, joined by hearts, sent from Heaven, a gift from God."
I really do love adoption, the most spiritual experiences in my life have happened as a result of adoption. It makes me happy to think about it! I love hearing adoption stories and I love sharing our stories with anyone that will listen - sometimes my "stop-talking valve" malfunctions and I spew more information than anyone really wants to hear.
I love that the Lord provided a way for Ben and I to have a family through adoption.
I love that I live at a time that adoption is viewed as a positive and wonderful experience (for the most part).
I love that my children will always know how much we wanted them and that they were meant to be ours.
I love that when people say things like "I could never adopt...I don't think I could love a child that wasn't mine" I can laugh and think how blessed I am to understand that they are totally and completely mine. I love that I have been blessed with a feeling of peace. That I have never felt like less of a woman or wife or mother because I didn't give birth to my children.
I love that I am able to teach my kids about the amazing, selfless angels that did give birth to them.
I love the knowledge I have that our kids are ours forever.
I love that my husband has patience with me when I struggle and firmness with me when I need to stop!!!
I love all the birthmothers and "waiting" mothers who ache for a child - just in different ways.
I love being a mommy.
I love feeling peace every time I think of adoption.
I love that Ben and I both love adoption and both know it is how we are supposed to create our family. Ben quote "We are an adoption family."
And I love, love, love that we are ready and excited to try and add another baby to our family through adoption!! (more to come on that later)
Adoption - what a magical thing!! So many great things are happening in the adoption world - thanks mrs r for pointing out a few of them HERE.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
I Love Adoption!!
Posted by Britney at 3:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






.jpg)



17 comments:
It was so great to see you. I love when you share your feelings on adoption-it always makes me cry and I'm so glad you are a mother (and a great one!). I hope your meeting went well and I'm excited to hear more news!
It is the best isn't it?! WE are so blessed. Don't you love the R house blog?! She is SO incredible!! Can't wait to hear more about you getting a 3rd little one! :)
My thoughts and feelings exactly!! I feel so blessed and I love talking to people and hearing their experiences with it. I remember when we got Bryn our mom's were with us it was such a spritual experience! My mom has since told me that is was more spiritual than any birth of her children or my sisters baby. It is so powerful and just plain amazing! Thanks for sharing, I love to hear that other people think and feel the same way as me!! Good luck on number three, I am trying to gear myself up to either do paper work again or try to get pregnant again...they both with take ALOT of time and patience!!!
I don't personally have experience with adoption, but I have seen enough amazing stories to know that those babies truly belong where Heavenly Father wants them. Without adoption so many loving women wouldn't have the chance to be moms. Good luck with #3! I wish you well!
I can't wait for another little Wall baby to kiss and cuddle!
Hooray for #3! You are a better woman than me...I can only handle 2for now!!! What a wonderful post about your feelings on adoption, good luck with the new addition!!!
I love this post. It made me appreciate motherhood. You are amazing and need to be a spokesperson for adoption. Very heartfelt. Maybe on Oprah or Ellen?? Thanks for making us all stop and appreciate what we have or will have soon... Good luck!
Dave said something to me about that...Brit I am so excited for you guys...I honestly couldn't think of two better people to be parents...Yah for baby #3!!!
Yeah for three babies! I can tell you are an amazing mother and I am so thankful to hear about your experiences. You have completely opened my eyes about the process and I know that there are amazing woman, like you, who can truly understand adoption and have the capacity in their hearts to accept as well as being the mother to adopt out. What a blessing!
I love hearing your thoughts on adoption! I have a close friend that gave a baby up when she was 16. It was an amazing experience and she knew that her baby was meant for someone else! It is neat to see selfless mothers give when they know their child is really meant for someone else!
Three is so much fun! We will keep you guys in our prayers!!
You make me think of that song "From Gods Arms to my Arms to Yours." It makes me tear up everytime. I worked in orphanages in Ecuador when I was 20 and now I cant help but think of all those babies who need families like yours! Best of luck!! That is one reason that I fell in love with my husband- we both feel that we should adopt as well as have our own.
you are so right. We had am adoption that didn't go through. But it is amazing that someone can be so selfless to give up their child. And I do not care what anyone says. Children that are adopted are meant to be in the family they are adopted to. In Fact, my sister in law adopted a boy and years later had her own boy. They could be twins. heavenly Father knows what he is doing.
woops! Sorry the one above was from me. mcKenzie must have been checking her comments. sorry.
I loved what you wrote about adoption, it brought tears to my eyes! I agree with you 100% and would love to adopt someday. I can see that you are a great mom and I hope everything goes smooth on your third child! Good luck!
I could never relate with how adoption feels, but I know how much joy my nephew has brought to my whole family & especially to Anna. I love him so much!!
You are amazing! I love that you are so open about such a precious, spiritual journey that is trully a gift! You bring tears to my eyes with your thoughts, they are so pure and raw.
Adoption ROCKS! Even though it hasn't worked out for us, it is incredible. Matt & I find it astonishing that people still don't get it! However, the world in general , has 'jumped on the band wagon'. It is an inspired program that offers so much to everyone involved.
Thank you for sharing and good luck on the addition of another little one. We love you guys.
LOVE this post, Brit! What a wonderful blessing it is to have your perspective! :)
Post a Comment